So here we go . . . my last blog post was our surprise to the girls with their new bunk beds. (You can read about it here)
Things with the new room have been on shaky ground lately. The girls have always had separate rooms but still always slept together at night so we didn't think it would be such a big deal to stick them in the same room a little more permanently. Oh boy! The girls have never fought so much in their lives!
Before I get into the real story, let me give you some background on my girls for those of you who don't know them as well:
Alison = 12 year old boarder-line OCD neat freak and a tad on the bossy side. (to put it mildly. But, she gets it from me so what can I say.)
Ashley = 7 year old with a bright future of having 15 minutes of fame being on Hoarders: Buried Alive.
You can see where this is going, can't you?
About 2 months ago I came across this note card that Alison had posted in the room:
#4 and #5 are my favorites. #4 is funny because it's true and #5 is was written because Ashley frequently likes to jump rope in the room and Alison hates it!
So, last weekend they had a big blow up. The girls were having Savannah and Sierra spend the night so Alison was insistent that Ashley pick up her stuff in their room so it was neat when the girls got there. Ashley was much more interested in laying on the couch watching TV so, the battle began.
I came upstairs and found these post-it notes on all the doors:
(3rd Bedroom)
Then I went into the girls room and asked Alison what the signs were for. I didn't get a good answer but I noticed this on Ashley's bed so I knew something was up:
I pretty much had forgotten about the incident until Friday night when Nick brought in the contents of the envelope. Nick had seen the letter on Ashley's bed this week and asked her what it was so she showed it to him. (Alison, I first want to say that this is a very well written letter. You have great spelling, punctuation and sentence structure. Good job!)
Now for the letter:
The line that had me in stitches was " If you want to live your life in a pile of filth then that is okay with me."
Oh, kids! You've gotta love 'em!











No comments:
Post a Comment